Pages

Thursday, July 02, 2015

My Favourite Quotes

First things things, I'm super indecisive so I have chosen not my favourite quote, but my favourite source of quotes.  Wait a minute, that would be the bible.  Okay, my favourite source of quotes outside of bible verses is Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.



I never tire of reading his I Have A Dream (1963) and I've Been To The Mountaintop (1968) speeches.

A month before the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, I visited the MLK Jr memorial in Washington, D.C.  Several of his quotes are inscribed on stones leading to a monument in which his image is carved from a mountain.  I included some of my faves.

Don't mind my glow in the dark look :S







And of course, “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”

His writings remain relevant and inspiring today.

Thanks to Monica from I Heart Grade 3 for hosting this linky.

No comments:

Post a Comment